… You can now select the gender you would like printed on your U.S. passport

… even if the gender you select does not match the gender on your supporting documentation

… such as a birth certificate, previous passport, or state ID

… no longer require medical certification to change the gender marker

… To request a new passport with a different gender than the one you have on your current passport

… “M” or “F” which are the gender markers currently available

… We are working to add a gender marker for non-binary, intersex